SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a local scrapyard that does not deal in autos. They are exclusively scrap metal. However, they have a line of "interesting cars" that they keep out front as "decoration." One is a Sonett. It's pretty badly roached, it will take a full-on restoration to get it roadworthy and looking halfway decent. But it's a Sonett. Seriously, how many are left? I don't know what year it is but it has the V-4. I can post pictures if motivated. The location is: NJ Scrap and Recycling Center 831 County Road #539, New Egypt, NJ 08533 I'm thinking of making them an offer but I have too many projects as is.

·
Super Moderator
1,590 Posts
Is it a Sonett V4 or Sonett III (which had the V4 too lol)? The V4 (‘68-‘69) would have the round headlights and bubbled hood. The III (‘70-‘74) would have a flat hood and hidden headlights.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is a picture as promised. I have two more but my computer crashed just trying to upload this one.

·
Super Moderator
1,590 Posts
Here is a picture as promised. I have two more but my computer crashed just trying to upload this one.
Yeah, that’s a Sonett III. I’d guess ‘70-‘72 as the ‘73-‘74 have big bumpers (although they could just be missing). Unfortunately you’d never recover the amount of money it would take to “save” that poor soldier.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If I was going to buy and restore this car I would do it for the fun of it and wouldn't worry about the financial aspect.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts