SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All. Before you judge, just know that I DID search every possible combination of terms to try and find previous posts regarding similar problems. Nada.

Here the problem:

last week had front and rear pads and rotors replaced (great time at only 25k). I did ask to see everything before proceeding to make sure I wasn't getting screwed.

Have driven on them for a couple hundred miles since then. Out of no where this morning, my car starting making a deep, loud "whomping" noise from the back wheels.

Sound gets faster as I drive faster and slower as i drive slower. Most noise occurs going between 20 and 30mph.

Sounds like something is locking in on the rotor at every turn of the tires.

Anyone had this problem after replacing the pads/rotors?

Any help is appreciated! Thank you.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Your symptom sounds like a wheel bearing problem. Before you bring your car in to have the wheel bearing replace, get your tires rotated. Half the time worn out tires produce a similar noise.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks TaiMyShu. I know this reply is wayyyyyy late.

Actually turned out to be a bolt stick in my tire (inner side where I couldn't see). Every rotation of the tire would grind it into the pavment making a pretty loud noise.

At least this is what I was told when taking it back to the guys that had just replaced all my pads and rotors.

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
the problem look like a sticky pads&rotors.

try to brake in reverse and normal front drive to carried the pads and caliper function to the right position.

·
Registered
591 Posts
jlrdrony said:
the problem look like a sticky pads&rotors.

try to brake in reverse and normal front drive to carried the pads and caliper function to the right position.
dude actually read the replies. he already fixed the problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts