SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
That's been on Edmunds for a few years. It is excellent reading. Anybody that has bought a car new from a dealer will find it most interesting and entertaining.

Remember when you buy from a dealer to view the purchase as a game. You are the customer and you have the power - just walk away if you're not satisfied. So many of my friends are afraid to negotiate a new car purchase. They think it will take hours and hours. If you feel the transaction is taking too long - walk out to another dealer. Of course, with SAAB having such a sparse dealer network, finding another dealer can sometimes be problematic.

On a related topic, do car salesmen outside of the US share a similar detestable reputation?

·
Registered
5,774 Posts
Excellent read.

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
That took me 45 minutes to read. My head hurts. :p I had the easiest time buying my Saab and Audi. It was really a no hassle process. I hated buying my my VW's, Nissan's, and Toyota's though.

Even if you look up the trade-in value on KBB, Edmunds, and Nada. The dealer will still low ball you below all of them. They say stuff like we don't go by KBB on trade-ins, but they are quick to point out the KBB blue book value for that used car that you want on the lot. :x

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yea I used to work at a dealership for a while and all dealers use the something called the Black Book for trade-ins, which is always lower than the KBB, and some will advertise KBB values so consumers will think they're getting a great deal below the blue book.

·
Registered
277 Posts
KBB is way off. If you want to know how much your car is worth in dealer trade go to KBB and knock $2,000 off what the trade in price says.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts