SaabCentral Forums banner

Something a bit off here...

4K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  brewtide 
#1 ·
Hello,

Received these two emails recently (you can see the timestamps), a good bit after I posted in the forum that I was no longer looking for said items as I had made my own. The exact same phrasing on both emails made me feel a bit 'off', plus the fact that although email is a fine contact method for forum use for sale, I found it strange that I didn't get a PM from either 'individual'.

I'd be skeptical of these email addresses for any other prospective buyers. I could be mistaken, and if I am, I apologize, but just seems.. off.

Cheers,
Benjamin

See less See more
#3 ·
Yeah, I didn't even do any aspect of 'research' per se, I just glanced at my phone and saw yet another 'offer', and instantly thought it was the same person writing (again) since I had yet to write back to them 'sorry, made my own'. When I got home, I sat at the computer and then realized it was from a different person, but with the same grammatical errors and near exact phrasing, enough that I'm 99.9% it's a skim and phish attempt.

If I get 'bored' (haha, 4 day old daughter, almost 2 year old son...bored...sure...) tonight, maybe I'll write back all 'yay', and see the responses -- I'll bet paypal would be out of the question, but western union would be suggested!

Thanks for the research -- Also a bit 'off' was the inclusion of location, especially the specific location. I use craigslist here and there, and these forums, and initial contacts rarely include as such -- It was almost trying to build 'too much' credibility.

Cheers,
Benjamin

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.