SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry about the iffy quality, but the sun was all wrong yesterday and I was anxious to get some pictures of my new wheels. I recently posted about them, the 16x7 Rota Slipstreams with Dunlop Sp sport FM901's, but now I can actually comment on their performance on the car. First off, there is much less rubbing than I'd anticipated. It's fine in the back with Intrax lowering springs, and rubs only at full lock in the front, and I've cut my intrax 3/4 of a coil up there. I do plan on putting some 5 mm spacers on all four hubs, just to get a little more clearance and a wider track width.

The tires are very nice. They grip very well, and are even pretty good in the rain. I'll be able to really test them out after an alignment soon, then Koni adjustables. When I put my wheels on, I also found some black mesh and did some rad stuff with that. I've cut out the spot for my front license plate (on the bumper) and made a meshed vent to my future FMIC, and also meshed the grill and the rear vents, which you can see in one of the pictures. Anyway, let me now what you think, and I'll have some more pictures soon, wheterh you like to see them or not.

Also, my Volvo friends are making some driving videos, and if I can figure out how to host it, you can have a looksee. Thanks for looking, peace.

-Tyler
85 SPG

·
Registered
156 Posts
WOW:eek:

Thats all I can say man. That is a sweet car! I just bought myself an 85 SPG last week and you have given given me some great ideas. Where did you get those wheels from?- they are awsome i love those rotas. Keep up the good work and bring on the pics and vids!

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
i thought the shape changed in '87?

either way i love the shape of that one and the black wheels look amazing! :p

loovers on the hatch window would look great too.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
very nice :cool: :cool: indeed

Paul

·
Registered
314 Posts
Definately know what I want next... If I can find one, or maybe that ressurected C900 :p

Nice car, go kill some Hondas or something;)

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Jezzadee said:
It did. That's a pre-facelift - you can tell by the nose being flat and the picnic bench bumper.

Looks great :cool:
I'm blind I read it wrong. I thought the pics said '88.

·
Registered
134 Posts
The paint work looks extremely mint! Is it a relatively new job? Or does the camera hide some of the reality?

Very Nice :)

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
As with all pictures of cars, the camera hides SOME of the reality, but in all honesty, the original paint is some of the best for a 20 year old car I've ever seen. I'll take some of the grill and some 3/4 shots soon, maybe today if the sun is cooperating. Thanks to all for the compliments!! I've had four SPG's and this one has been the best without a doubt. It's rad to see what these cars can do when some attention is given under the hood too. I love these cars.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
As with all pictures of cars, the camera hides SOME of the reality, but in all honesty, the original paint is some of the best for a 20 year old car I've ever seen. I'll take some of the grill and some 3/4 shots soon, maybe today if the sun is cooperating. Thanks to all for the compliments!! I've had four SPG's and this one has been the best without a doubt. It's rad to see what these cars can do when some attention is given under the hood too. I love these cars.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Okay, I went for a drive today, and got some better pictures. Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
my 900 is black also but my windows aren't as black as yours. I'm a bit jealous and I love the ground effects of the pre facelift 900 aero kit. it seems a bit more extreme of an angle like the pearl spg prototype.

I'll post some pics of mine as soon as the weather picks up.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Okay, I went for a drive today, and got some better pictures. Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Looks v nice indeed, Would go for a set of clear lenses to go along in the front, will really top off the look...

Daniel.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I like what you have done with the front license plate area(I thought that in CA you have to have a front plate). Do you have a fmic? Us pre-facelift drivers have a bit more of a challenge with fmics, so it'd be neat to see one.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah, technically you need front plate in CA, but no one has hassled me about it lately. As for the FMIC, I don't have it in yet, but I was planning to order up a 2.5x28x6 inch Spearco pretty soon. I've taken the measurements, and although it's not perfect, I'll let everyone know how the install goes. I know I'll need to cut the tow hooks and some of the radiator cross member, but nothing structural, I hope. Oh, and the clear corners are on there way too. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts