SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I go to the gas station yesterday and the attendant (I live in NJ were not permitted to pump our own gas) anyway the guy didn't put the nozzle in all the way, and it popped out wasting a couple gallons of gas as well as scratching the whole way down my rear quarter panel... I paid the guy gave him a few curse words and left.

I went to another store to buy some plants... come outside.. wait for the vehicle next to me to pull out.. they threw trash under my vehicle so I moved it onto the line so I could pull out. Another vehicle quickly pulls into the spot opens his door so fast it slams into my passenger door creasing the center of the door from top to door bumper in the middle, and I hopped out...

I walk around the car to see the nice big crease and I said look, your deductible is higher than the amount of damage here.. take out $100 bucks cash hand it to me and we'll call it a day. He says "that will buff right out, I run a car wash up the road.. come by and we'll fix it."

How classic right.. it will buff out.. a big effing crease is gonna buff out? So now I'm getting mad.. not to mention I'm a rather large intimidating person so I tried to remain calm.. I said look (two guys got out of the vehicle the driver and passenger) one of you has money on you, either pay up now.. or watch the deductible be higher than the repair amount and pay me cash later.. either way it's coming out of your pocket.. the guys look at the crease and say "sorry not our fault the wind did it."

I wanted to grab the guys by the throats at this point but the one was on the phone calling the police trying to get them and insurance involved for a crease in the door obviously his fault. I said how much you got on you, I'm only going to ask one more time... the passenger says will you take $40.00 bucks.. I said ok deal then I'll be on my way. 40 wont cover the damages but it's better than nothing so I accepted the cash after much hesitation on their behalf.. the driver says how do I know you're not gonna call the cops on me later.. I said quict being a baby.. you hit my door.. you paid cash to make things right.. I'm satisfied and I'll let you off the hook that's all there is to it.

I shake their hands, and go to back out of my spot, the one runs behind the car to take a picture of my plate which I nearly ran him over because of.. why would he need my plate number when I just let him get away with not paying enough for damaging my car... pressing his luck was a dumb idea.

Some people are unbelievable, it was their lucky day I let them go without incident. The crease in my door serves me right for parking close to the door of the store.. I ALWAYS park out in nowhere land by nobody and nothing to avoid this.. the one time I ever decide to do it I get hammered.

:nono; Sorry long story had to vent before work so I don't let this ruin my day today.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Move to PA, accept the lower pay and the nicer, more respectful people.
Actually, every state has its good and bad areas.
New Jersey should re-think its fueling law..I much prefer to DIY and have for 50 years...I am a klutz and really have to be careful when fueling...but its such an easy thing to do..
The gas station owes you hundreds in body work plus a EPA-HAZMAT visit.
That sloppy attendant is out of a job and may become next years criminal.:evil:

·
Registered
12,355 Posts
The first time I got gas in Newark NJ, I pulled into a station and this guy, who looked like a homeless person, jumped out and wanted to pump the gas. He scared me so much that I got back in the car and took off. Well, I pulled into the next gas station and the same thing happened, just a different homeless guy. At first I thought they were doing it for tips, then I finally figured out they worked there. After that experience, I found out what "jug handles" are... Ron

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
If there isn't paint damage get a paintless dent puller to do the job.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
$400 in damage, and $40 removes the fish from the hook?
Should we all drive Saturns with their plastic panels?
New Jersey having the homeless pump gasoline?
Should all men work to earn their money?
Customers are scared off by attendants?
Should all pack sidearms, hidden weapons?
What a world in which we live:cheesy::confused:
However whacky, its a wonderful world:cool:
Jimmy Stewart

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies gang, gave me stuff to smile about... other people disliking the pump laws, and yes.. 40 bucks I let the guy slide because I didn't want police intervention.. I have a hard time dealing with idiots and I was about to stop being so friendly in a minute so I accepted $40.00 and left.

Sometimes you just have to do that I guess.. my fiancee says not to stress because when I get the paint-job hopefully this winter I can have all the dents removed and have the car looking nice again for spring..

(I drive my Subaru in the winter so I'll have the car off the road to make upgrades if all goes well with my job.)

lol @ jughandles... haha

I have lived in NJ, PA, MN, MO, & last but not least.. TX.

I actually like everywhere better than NJ but my other half is tied in this state and likes living here so I have to deal with NJ until we "retire" in 30 years at which point I'm allowed to make decisions she says... (thought you'd all get a kick out of that.)

:p I'm feeling much better now about the dent..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts