SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright, so I just wanted to ask a couple of questions that are on my mind. I recently bought a 9-3 aero XWD, and I am determined to make improvements on it as I see fit. Currently, the car has a v-tune stage 0, and Koni yellows upfront. My questions are as follows:

1)Brembo calipers? Are they worth it over the stock 314's? I enjoy a firm brake pedal, but how much is braking improved for say mountain road driving? Would just new pads fluids and ss lines for the 314's suffice?

2)V-tuner stage 0, is the torque limit in the first two gears unrestricted? It feels faster.
EDIT: I was able to get in touch with Brian. He is very fast and prompt with his replies (Highly recommended). If you request he is able to remove some of the limiters in 1st and 2nd gear.

3) I'm planning on getting a downpipe this summer. What mufflers sound good with the 2.8T?, I've tried listening to some clips on youtube, but the selection was lackluster. I'm not sure if I could tolerate a muffler delete.

Thank you for your time!

·
Registered
493 Posts
Alright, so I just wanted to ask a couple of questions that are on my mind. I recently bought a 9-3 aero XWD, and I am determined to make improvements on it as I see fit. Currently, the car has a v-tune stage 0, and Koni yellows upfront. My questions are as follows:

1)Brembo calipers? Are they worth it over the stock 314's? I enjoy a firm brake pedal, but how much is braking improved for say mountain road driving? Would just new pads fluids and ss lines for the 314's suffice?

2)V-tuner stage 0, is the torque limit in the first two gears unrestricted? It feels faster.
EDIT: I was able to get in touch with Brian. He is very fast and prompt with his replies (Highly recommended). If you request he is able to remove some of the limiters in 1st and 2nd gear.

3) I'm planning on getting a downpipe this summer. What mufflers sound good with the 2.8T?, I've tried listening to some clips on youtube, but the selection was lackluster. I'm not sure if I could tolerate a muffler delete.

Thank you for your time!
You’ll enjoy that car! And yeah, Brian is a great resource.

Brembos open your up to far more pad choices. I found a huge improvement in pedal response and reduced fade when I did mine.

Here’s a link to my 2.8 with Taliaferro 3” catless DP and MP. Stock resonator and mufflers intact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts