SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car - 2007 9-3 2.0T. - 115,000m. MPS Tune, high flow intake and filter.

Car has ran fine since I got it, stock for a while, got the tune like 3 or 4 years ago... ran fine. It's a franken tune since the original MPS tune didnt work for my 07... but never the less the car has been running fine boosting at 15psi or so for a number of years.

Anyways, my car is in some form of limp mode like 60% of the time - the turbo only hits 3psi under any amount of throttle but there are no CELS. The car seems to run fine until you give it a bit of gas and then realize the turbo doesn't wanna go past 3 psi. I just replaced the coils and plugs and this issue was happening before and after but there was also some stuttering under throttle when not in limp so I did the coils plugs anyways.

However the car runs fine the other 40% of the time and boosts to 15 no problem, runs well. I've seen no pattern here. A lot of times when I cold start in the morning the car is boosting fine. If I park it and run in a store on my morning commute when I get back in and start it up after it being off for 5 minutes now it's usually in limp. But sometimes not. And sometimes it's in limp with a cold start.

Again, there are no CEL popping up at all when this happens.

Any ideas? Again I'm sure it isn't the tune because the car did nothing like this for the past 3/4 years of having the tune. I'm thinking about replacing the 02, MAF, and cleaning the TB.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Correct it is no longer misfire or stutter with new coils and plugs but still not boosting/some form of limp 50-70% of the time. When its working fine 2nd to 3rd to 4th pulls very nice and smooth like it should. I'm not sure why there are never any CELs when it's not working right though, its weird

1 - 5 of 5 Posts