SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i should be doing a solo II on july 17 (if anybody will be close to oak ridge, you should do it to :) ) and i have a 98 900S vert. it is 2.3L (non-turbo) 150hp. i was wondering what mods i should do before doing the race if any. if i get mods, i'll get a better time, but i don't have much money to get to many. so i would be up against all the big time modded up cars with me just having like 3. if i don't get any mods, my time will be worse, but i'll do better in my class. i was thinking maybe like a rear sway bar or something. maybe a new exhaust?? i'm not sure. any help would be very nice. thankz.

·
Registered
59 Posts
If you don't want to spend money, don't worry about your "low" times. Just compete in a stock class and have fun. If it's your first time, it can give you a bit of a "baseline" to judge your driving skill improvement as well as improvement due to future mods.

And if you put in a few bucks but can't compete against the other cars in the prepared class, don't worry about it. You'll have a bit MORE driving fun than you would have running stock regardless of finishing position.

·
Registered
483 Posts
SWAY BAR!!! some good tires 17inch rims.....and since you have a vert you might want to think about the 6pt subframe brace

Auto X is awesome and youll have fun either way, but get rid of those 15 inch rims, i went my first time with a lowered car on 15 inch rubber, and i may have well been driving a 4X4 granted it was touring tires so they were very soft, and you can get stiff sidewalled 15s, but my tired were rolling over themselves

Just have fun

1 - 3 of 3 Posts