SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can only find one place to find them (Swed. Dyn. )

Are there other manufacturers?

·
Registered
5,779 Posts
I occasionally see them on ebay. Is your mount shot? If not, why not just do a hydraulic motor mount limiter except put enough rubber in there so the thing doesn't move at all.

·
Registered
801 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Breakin5speeds said:
Ummmm not really, more capable of handling power, and they keep your shifter from bouncing around, I have made them before, and HATE THEM...too much vibration IMHO. I wouldn't have them in a race car they are so aggresive
i, on the other hand, have bought them and love them. women love the vibration as do i ;)

maybe they last a week longer than the hydraulic units... i have them in all 3 mount locations. the driver's side mount never seems to break (though i have broken a mount bracket :roll: ). the passenger side mount bracket has been modded because i have broken, ummm, 2 or 3 of these mounts there. the front hasn't broken since i modded the bracket.

they certainly do not absorb as much engine vibration, but it does not bother me any.

some have tried Bilstein HD's and hated them, saying they are too harsh. i put them on my car and don't want to drive anything that is not equipped with them. i have a set of very hard poly bushes to install and figure i will enjoy the ride even more.

one man's trash is another man's treasure...

either way, no, they don't seem to last any longer. just insert some rubber (sections of old radiator/heater hose work perfectly) between the mounts and the brackets and you should be fine.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Contact Damien Shulock (or something like that) out in CA. He makes the solid mounts (at least he use to) like the one on the Ebay auction. I have used them for over 10 years now & they work GREAT. Yes there is a little more vibration however it is definantly NOT uncomfortable or so severe it causes the cars to rattle apart.

If you want his contact info send me a PM & I will get it for you, they were $80 ish a few years ago

1 - 8 of 8 Posts