Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
These clamps have been SOLD

For sale are two steering rack clamps, one with brace. They are for the Saginaw "waffle" rack and not the newer ZF rack. The Saginaw looks like this:

The ZF rack looks like this:

Note that the outer diameter of the left hand sides of the two racks is different, with the diameter of the Saginaw rack being greater than that of the ZF rack.

Pictured below are the GenuineSaab rack clamp with brace and the Abbott Racing clamp from the Viggen Rescue Kit. I got the Abbott Racing clamp from ScanWest and due to a mix-up that was never rectified, it came with the brace for a right-hand drive car. I returned the brace, but never got the correct one. Accordingly, I ran the Abbott clamp with a brace for several years and then broke down and bought the GS one to get the brace.

I would like to sell all of it for $125.00, plus shipping. The brace will work with either clamp.

Please take note that both clamps were slightly modified. The bottom curved edge of the Abbott clamp was chamfered to fit the edge of the ridge on the Saginaw rack for better seating. The GS clamp was milled down some for the bottom bolt to get more turns on the mounting hardware. These modifications did not negatively impact the function of the clamps.

·
Premium Member
11,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Items still for sale - verified with first buyer that he has the ZF rack. Please use the pictures in the original post to make sure you have the Saginaw rack. Thank you.
I retouched this photo of the ZF rack. The ends are smooth black painted metal like this:

Here is closer view:

The above is the wrong rack.

You need to have the Saginaw rack in which the ends are rougher textured larger diameter sand cast aluminum, like this:

·
Premium Member
11,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I forgot to mention that both clamps have all the mounting hardware (especially important with these because they use specially designed nuts for the bottom stud where they mount to the firewall). Additionally, I am throwing in a driver's side Powerflex polyurethane clamp bushing (Powerflex Part No. PFF66-412) to the person who buys these clamps. This is an additional $29.99 value in itself. Act now, operators are standing by.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.