SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the car almost three years and enjoyed the hell out of it. I ended up trading it in for a 2013 Cadillac ATS with the 2.0T. My wife still has an 08 9-3 so I will pop in from time to time.

So far the Cadillac is amazing. I love having a rwd vehicle, and the magnetic ride control is very cool.

FYI I will be selling a custom made fiberglass sub box for the cubby area in the trunk. I should have the ad and photos up this weekend. If you're local to Raleigh save on shipping. It holds one 10" sub and sounds great.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
19,138 Posts
Nice! Definitely a step up. You old cars was very nice too. Did you trade it in?

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Someone's going to get a nice used Saab from that dealer. I have always loved those wheels. ;ol;

I'm giving some thought to selling mine as well and just making my E39 my full-time daily driver for now, then picking up a 2011 NG9-5 in a year or so. Still haven't decided yet...it's been such a great car.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice! Definitely a step up. You old cars was very nice too. Did you trade it in?
Yes. They offered me about $1,000 below retail for the trade in so I jumped on it. At first they low balled me but I got them up to the price I was willing to take. For me it was worth it so I didn't have to deal with selling it. The Saab market is a little weird because I have no idea how long it would have taken to sell. The car had 92,000 miles so I thought it could take some time.

Don't tell me you traded it in with the wheels and spoiler
Yes I did. That spoiler will never come off without damaging the paint. Sikaflex is serious stuff. Those wheels also had continental tires with 5,000 miles on them. Two of the wheels did have repairs done on them because they got curbed, but still looked great.

k what dealer so I can go buy it now
Leith GMC in Wendell NC, but they will probably trade it to a dealer in Cary, NC. Wendell is a little rural so a Saab wouldn't do very well there. Whoever gets it is going to get a very well cared for car. It was never tuned, raced, and I changed the oil ever 3,500-4,000 miles with Mobil 1 full synthetic. It will need some rear brakes very soon though.

I wish those wheels were still available. Simply beautiful on the saab. Best of luck with the caddy
I agree. Absolutely loved those wheels and they were only $400ish if I remember correctly. The caddy has upgraded staggered wheels so I doubt I will ever touch them. They are definitely not my favorite but I can't see me spending the money to change them.

Any idea what a fiberglass sub box is worth? Sub is not included. I spent a ridiculous amount of time on it. Shipping would cost me $25 at least. The front of the box is 3/4" MDF, but the rest is fiberglass 7 layers. It's been carpeted on all sides as well. Fitment is so good you don't need a screw to hold it in place. For me it added the perfect amount of bass to the car on top of the Bose system. Rock and rap music both sounded great. I'm building an identical box in the Caddy once the weather warms up a little.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,928 Posts
those aren't saab alloys..so they probably are still are available..

They are all over the UK, but here in the states they have gone obsolete, you would have to have them shipped here.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm also going to be selling oem 17" Saab wheels with good winter tires for sale as well. Pickup only in Raleigh NC, and also including a wheels storage system for a garage or shed. It's metal tube shelf that bolts to the wall and holds 4-5 wheels/tires. I'm going to dig the wheels out of my shed this afternoon and will put some photos up. If you are in W Virginia or Virginia I'm not that far away and will cut the cost of gas off the price. Photos and Craigslist ad to come later today.

·
Super Moderator
19,138 Posts
Stupid question, but why not put the 17s with winters on the car before you sold it? Those Opel reps would have been an easy sale.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Stupid question, but why not put the 17s with winters on the car before you sold it? Those Opel reps would have been an easy sale.
Dealer wouldn't have given me the same for the car. I live in NC and nobody has winter tires so they would have factored the cost of tires into my trade in. They closely inspected all four of my tires before making an offer so they checked them really well. Trust me, I would rather have sold the opels. They might be chinese wheels but were awesome. I hit some very large pot holes and didn't have a single issue with them.

I double checked the oem wheels in my shed and they all look awesome. The tires look almost brand new too. The tread goes to washingtons ear on a quarter. Photos will be up later.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wheels are up for sale

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4351097#post4351097

I also have a stock aero rear diffuser. A couple of the tabs broke off when I removed it, but they can be plastic welded on. I don't want to ship it because the cost would be high, but if someone buys the wheels and tires I will throw it in if they can use it.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Cadillac is the only GM worth buying.
I actually like the Regal GS turbo. I haven't researched it but it might be something I buy for my wife next year. I sat in one and really liked the interior. A little underpowered based on what I read, but she wont care.

It looks like the wheels are spoken for as of right now.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts