SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says my audi is going to a new owner soon and I have been talking with the local saab dealer (Guilford Saab) regarding a purchase. With my current job I am uncertain of mileage as it constantly varies so a lease is too risky and not one I want. The dealership has a 2003 9-3 Vector 6-speed with 29,800 miles on it, touring package, heated seats, rear park assist, steel gray w/ gray leather interior, all the goodies available for the 03 model. They put brand new toyo proxes 4 tires on all 4 and did the 30k maint. already. The car is saab certified until January 2010 as it was not put into service until 2004.

now come the noobie questions: what should I look for or ask regarding service done prior, I am not horribly concerned as I own an audi now and I know cars break- guilford saab has an incredible service facility and gives nice loaner cars in the event its in the shop so no concern there.

The dealer currently said they will let me have it for $23,750 out the door (tax title reg) with new saab all season floor matts and wheel locks. I am uncertain if this is a great price or just a decent one. With the current incentive on new cars I can imagine its difficult to sell the used ones but that may be the reason this one is priced like this- again this is why I am posting as I am not up to speed on used Saab values.

I am also looking to get tint, I will inquire about felt strips- anything else to know?

Thanks!

·
Banned
975 Posts
Even though you havent gotten the car yet, congrats! I'm sure you will fall in love with it just like the rest of us have. One thing you might want to check out is that saab is selling their cars for this month only at the same price that they give them to their employees, meaning you can pick up a new 93 for that price! If your dealership isnt offering it, my dealership is and I'd be more than happy to give you the # of the sales rep.

For tints, just be aware of the laws on how dark you can go.

And because your an audi owner now Im sure youre use to your car breaking down all the time, but you'll find the saab to be very reliable. My family has had a saab for 17 years, we are the original owners, we have put 250k miles on the car, and it is VERY reliable. I now drive a new Arc and the only thing that I've replaced under warranty was soemthing i definitely broke and said I didnt do :cheesy: Anyways, compaired to the BMWs and Mercedes we've had in the family, our saabs have blown them out of the water for reliability and everything else imaginable. You'll be very happy with your purchase.

Welcome to the state of independance, <3

1 - 2 of 2 Posts