SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 9-3 convertible and I am having problems with the soft top. When I start to lower to top the first stage works as the back part lifts up, but when its time for the compartment to open where the top will lower into it gets stuck. I can here ther motor struggling almost like it is jammed closed or something or it can't lift up with compartment. I check the hydraulic fluid level and it was low so I topped it off, but that did not work I still have the same problem. I was wondering if anyone had any other ideas on how to fix this problem. I would greatly appreciate any help.

thanks,
Dan

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
I have a 2000 9-3 convertible and I am having problems with the soft top. When I start to lower to top the first stage works as the back part lifts up, but when its time for the compartment to open where the top will lower into it gets stuck. I can here ther motor struggling almost like it is jammed closed or something or it can't lift up with compartment. I check the hydraulic fluid level and it was low so I topped it off, but that did not work I still have the same problem. I was wondering if anyone had any other ideas on how to fix this problem. I would greatly appreciate any help.

thanks,
Dan
my guess is that a shear pin in the u joint of the drive shaft for the soft top cover (aka the tonneau) has sheared. this drive shaft is located in the luggage comp. behind the trim in the upper front right side corner.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts