SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I recently bought my 1998 Saab 9-3 Convertible knowing that the rear electic windows and the roof were not working. After some research I find that to get to the rear lifters I need to have the roof half open, but the roof wont open, possibly because the rear windows wont go down! Can I lower the roof into a position where I can get at the rear lifters? I can hear a relay click on rear windows raise, but not on lower. Both front windows are fine. I've also been trying to find out how to read the diagnostic codes, so the WIS system can help me pinpoint the problem. To read the diagnostic codes can we use the cheap (6$) OBDII Scanners found on e-bay, or will they only read ECU problems?

·
Registered
299 Posts
tom charnley said:
Hi. I recently bought my 1998 Saab 9-3 Convertible knowing that the rear electic windows and the roof were not working. After some research I find that to get to the rear lifters I need to have the roof half open, but the roof wont open, possibly because the rear windows wont go down! Can I lower the roof into a position where I can get at the rear lifters? I can hear a relay click on rear windows raise, but not on lower. Both front windows are fine. I've also been trying to find out how to read the diagnostic codes, so the WIS system can help me pinpoint the problem. To read the diagnostic codes can we use the cheap (6$) OBDII Scanners found on e-bay, or will they only read ECU problems?

well, first off wrong forum. this is 2003-onwards.

however, for my convertible the manual states an emergency-opening/closig procedure when the hydraulics fail. check the manual!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, will move to other forum. I did read manual, states procedure to raise roof in emergency but says not to lower it manually.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts