SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a follow-up to an earlier post:
OK, so after a little investigation, I found that the 'Soft Top Cover Error' seems to be the main issue. I looked at a few of the switches - which seem OK but then I noticed, tucked behind the lining of the 'soft top down' storage area, that a switch was hanging loose. I've attached a couple of pics. There is a corresponding one on the passenger side and that one appears to be held in place by two plastic pins? I don't want to pull on that one and break it off, so I'm not too sure how it's held on to be honest. Anyway, I can see the two little holes where the loose one should go but I've fished about under the lining and can't find any lost pins or screws. Anybody familiar with this switch and how it should be attached?

Attachments

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Can you do a photo from further back? I'm having trouble picturing where this is.

Is this an NG900 or an OG9-3?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Go to this site and download the PDF for replacing the hydraulic lines.

Got to page 30 and look at the photo in the bottom left corner. It shows two switches laying on top of the soft top bag. Are the switches to which you are referring?

I think the picture shows the location, but not how they are attached. Maybe use velcro?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Go to this site and download the PDF for replacing the hydraulic lines.

Got to page 30 and look at the photo in the bottom left corner. It shows two switches laying on top of the soft top bag. Are the switches to which you are referring?

I think the picture shows the location, but not how they are attached. Maybe use velcro?
Hi there,
Sorry for the delay in replying.
Yes, those are the switches shown on page 30. You can see the actual switch in the background. As you say, you can't see how they're attached. There are two little holes where the switch was. I'm thinking of trying something like a plastic cocktail stick with a drop of glue to hold it back on.

Many thanks for the suggestion.

BobSaabit: I haven't had a chance to take any more photos but hopefully you can see what I'm referring to now, so if you have any other ideas on how to re-attach it, I'd be grateful.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts