1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
31,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not me of course, but from another fella who was at SOC:

Test drove a 9-3 SportsCombi
Mon, 15 Aug 2005 10:10:01
at SOC on Friday. We Saabers are in for a real treat. This car really hugged the corners, sticking to the road with very little roll. The pick-up was pretty good but lacked that punch I can get from my 9k Aero. Never made it out of 3rd gear....not bad 'cause I was pushing 75mph and it seemed like it wanted even more. A solid quiet multi-tasker indeed!

ps- watch out for Saab's upcoming ad campaign it'll hit you hard and in all the right ways!

Anyone here who went to SOC drove the SC ?

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
SaabKen said:
The pick-up was pretty good but lacked that punch I can get from my 9k Aero.
This is what you would expect from a larger displacement engine with a low pressure turbo. The turbo effect would be much less evident because the engine will have gobs of torque and power over a broader range of engine speed. Instead of coming on all at once, like you get in a smaller turbo engine, the V6 will have a more linear, more progressive power delivery. It's not that it is weaker, its just smoother and, therefore, less noticeable. I believe the more linear, progressive power delivery may also be responsible for the noticeable decrease in torque steer mentioned by a number of reviewers of the new car. A more progressive power curve gives the suspension a better chance of dealing with the power, instead of the sudden jolt of power experienced in a highly tuned turbo engine.
SaabKen said:
ps- watch out for Saab's upcoming ad campaign it'll hit you hard and in all the right ways!
I recently participated in some sort of advertising testing group for SAAB. The theme seemed to be comparing SAAB's to jet fighters and the like. Would be interesting to see how it turns out after the committees get done with it.

·
Registered
491 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts