SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I noticed the other day that I lost my center cap on my front passanger side tired. Bummer but no big deal. A few days later Im driving through a parkinglot and I hear a grinding noise coming from the same tire. Its a 00 saab 9-5 and fwd and I just got my clutch done two weeks prior by my mechanic so I was pretty sure my pads werent done, or he would of told me. Anyways Im thinking I probably just picked up a rock in my caliper since I do live on a dirt road. So my next day off I go to jack the car up so I can pull the caliper and remove any rocks that got stuck in there. I jack the tire up and as Im leaning on the tire to undo my lugs I notice the tire has quite a bit of wobble to it. "WTF are the lugs loose... no..." I then notice the reason why my center cap is gone... My mechanic didn't tighten down my axle retaining nut, meaning it was gone! The only thing holding my entire hub on was my caliper and rotor! Needless to say I called my mechanic the next day they were open and they drove out to my house and fixed it, and replaced my breaks and center cap. lol I so coulda died if my rotor decided to snap or something. I Drive ~30mile one way a day to school.

cliffs: Got my clutch fixed by mechanic, said mechanic didn't tighten down axle nut, nut goes buh bye taking center cap with it, tire nearly falls off killing me in the proccess.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
The caliper and rotor are bolted to the hub so it wasnt them that held it together - close call fella!

Have you made an official complaint?

·
Registered
5,774 Posts
Holy ****!!!!!!! :eek:

·
Registered
350 Posts
sactomkiii said:
So I noticed the other day that I lost my center cap on my front passanger side tired. Bummer but no big deal. A few days later Im driving through a parkinglot and I hear a grinding noise coming from the same tire. Its a 00 saab 9-5 and fwd and I just got my clutch done two weeks prior by my mechanic so I was pretty sure my pads werent done, or he would of told me. Anyways Im thinking I probably just picked up a rock in my caliper since I do live on a dirt road. So my next day off I go to jack the car up so I can pull the caliper and remove any rocks that got stuck in there. I jack the tire up and as Im leaning on the tire to undo my lugs I notice the tire has quite a bit of wobble to it. "WTF are the lugs loose... no..." I then notice the reason why my center cap is gone... My mechanic didn't tighten down my axle retaining nut, meaning it was gone! The only thing holding my entire hub on was my caliper and rotor! Needless to say I called my mechanic the next day they were open and they drove out to my house and fixed it, and replaced my breaks and center cap. lol I so coulda died if my rotor decided to snap or something. I Drive ~30mile one way a day to school.

cliffs: Got my clutch fixed by mechanic, said mechanic didn't tighten down axle nut, nut goes buh bye taking center cap with it, tire nearly falls off killing me in the proccess.

One of the reasons i like to do things myself if I can, so if I get killed its my own damn fault lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts