SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

It is with a heavy heart that I had to return my 9-3SS Aero 2.0T to the Company last week as I have moved jobs.

Since getting my first 9-3SS Aero back in February 2003, I have driven over 235,000 miles in these fantastic cars and will miss my DY55 (Wife named her Dyss......) Aero greatly. The latest model was a 2006 which covered 99,927 miles without major problems or rattles, which for Saab is pretty good going!

Here is the Roll of Honour:

2003 9-3SS Aero, Steel Grey, 2.0T , 98,277 miles
2005 9-3SS Vector Sport, 1.9TiD 150, 37,000 miles
2006 9-3SS Aero, Black, 2.0T, 99,927 miles

Anyway, the reason for this post is to say thanks to all those members that have helped make this forum as addictive as it is! I actually am going to struggle to find something to check on in idle moments at work now!!!! You have all contributed in making this forum welcoming to new members and tolerant of stupid questions. In addition, the level of commitment of certain members is unbelieveable. You know who you are! Also, I don't know if it's the demographics, but we have managed to avoid the flame wars of other marques' forums, which is only a good thing.

I'm sure i'll be unable to avoid popping in every now and again. With any luck, i'll be back in the family again soon, once I get sorted!

Anyway, as a wise dolphin once said,

"So Long, and thanks for all the fish"

Gareth

·
Registered
437 Posts
Yes,

Good luck.
Great "So-long" note.

I think most of us agree with your thoughts and feelings of the fellow Saab'ers on this Forum.

I think it is evident by your history, that you will someday be back. I am guessing you can not be car-less.;)

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Sorry to see you go. Hopefully you will spring back in here someday with a Turbo-X :cheesy: . Anyways 99k in 2 years on an 06 is incredible, wow. Goodluck on your new job and enjoy!

·
Super Moderator
20,335 Posts
We'll miss ya!

Remember, you can always come back and give help when you're bored. You don't have to currently own a Saab to do that. :cheesy:

Good luck with your new ride, whatever it may be.

·
Registered
9,087 Posts
Been absent a couple of weeks so am responding que now:)

Its always been a real pleasure to read your posts. You know how it is, there are so many that you tend to give more attention to those pseudos that you respect and enjoy reading.
Well you are moving on to greener pastures, or better tarmac..
Where will we find you now...?
And it is only now that I wake up to see the name Gareth.. Another one of us from the valleys.

Enjoy and take care.
David

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the kind words guys! As I said before, it has been a privilege to be a part of this community!

I don't quite know what car i'm getting next. My new Company have put me in a hire car for 3 months so I am "enjoying" :confused: a 1.6 VW Golf at the moment. It's a bit different, but at least I won't be doing as many miles now! My commute has dropped from 150 miles each way to 25!!!!

Any way, good health and long life and may your God or Gods go with you where applicable.

Gareth

1 - 12 of 12 Posts