SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the day has come that I bid goodbye to both SC and my 9-3. It had a good run, but the combination of driving standard everyday and my spina bifida which is now turning into arthritis just wasn't worth it to me. I looked into buying an automatic, but I couldn't find any that I was happy with price wise, km wise, color wise, option wise, or any combination of things, and just couldn't compromise on the lack of/bare bones warranty and the uncertainty of available parts.

On the plus side, I still get to see it everyday, since I sold it to my brother. I'm sure you guys will hear from him soon, or at least, the tuning section will, since he's a full out gear head, and it doesn't hurt that he used to work for Alamo Turbochargers rebuilding turbo's and mapping ECU's on everything from small generators to huge CAT dumptrucks. Don't be surprised if he manages to build it up to Nordic Extreme levels of power.

I'm sure in the future, provided Saab's new ownership's ideas come to fruition, I will again one day consider a Saab to buy. Until then, I bought myself a fully loaded Denali to fill the void for now (Yes, you can scream at me for buying a GM vehicle, as I didn't really want to, but I only did it since through work we get true invoice pricing, not this "employee pricing" BS their marketing dept tries to get in your head, and you can't really go wrong for so cheap)

I may be alone in saying this, but I never thought a car could make you learn and grow so much of yourself and be apart of you. I go to work and I still get guys asking me "so hows the car?" and things along those lines. Everyone knew who the Saab belonged to, and I was known for it. It almost seemed like it was like seeing a Lambo up close for them, a rare occurrence, so they wanted to know as much about it as they could. I honestly look forward to the day when I have kids and they find out about Saab, and I can say "yea, I know, I used to own one!".

It's been a good run. Thanks for anyone who has given me help on issues or ideas to make the car nicer. If any of you in a Saab see a guy in a Denali waving at you, chances are it's just me and I just haven't fully gotten over the shock of not driving one.

I'll probably pop in every once in a while and contribute to anything I have any knowledge about, so I won't be gone for good.

Sorry about the wall of text. Take'r easy.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Well, the day has come that I bid goodbye to both SC and my 9-3. It had a good run, but the combination of driving standard everyday and my spina bifida which is now turning into arthritis just wasn't worth it to me. I looked into buying an automatic, but I couldn't find any that I was happy with price wise, km wise, color wise, option wise, or any combination of things, and just couldn't compromise on the lack of/bare bones warranty and the uncertainty of available parts.

On the plus side, I still get to see it everyday, since I sold it to my brother. I'm sure you guys will hear from him soon, or at least, the tuning section will, since he's a full out gear head, and it doesn't hurt that he used to work for Alamo Turbochargers rebuilding turbo's and mapping ECU's on everything from small generators to huge CAT dumptrucks. Don't be surprised if he manages to build it up to Nordic Extreme levels of power.

I'm sure in the future, provided Saab's new ownership's ideas come to fruition, I will again one day consider a Saab to buy. Until then, I bought myself a fully loaded Denali to fill the void for now (Yes, you can scream at me for buying a GM vehicle, as I didn't really want to, but I only did it since through work we get true invoice pricing, not this "employee pricing" BS their marketing dept tries to get in your head, and you can't really go wrong for so cheap)

I may be alone in saying this, but I never thought a car could make you learn and grow so much of yourself and be apart of you. I go to work and I still get guys asking me "so hows the car?" and things along those lines. Everyone knew who the Saab belonged to, and I was known for it. It almost seemed like it was like seeing a Lambo up close for them, a rare occurrence, so they wanted to know as much about it as they could. I honestly look forward to the day when I have kids and they find out about Saab, and I can say "yea, I know, I used to own one!".

It's been a good run. Thanks for anyone who has given me help on issues or ideas to make the car nicer. If any of you in a Saab see a guy in a Denali waving at you, chances are it's just me and I just haven't fully gotten over the shock of not driving one.

I'll probably pop in every once in a while and contribute to anything I have any knowledge about, so I won't be gone for good.

I'm on may way out too, albeit under different circumstances. Enjoy the new vehicle, I know I'll enjoy my replacement:cool:

·
Registered
12 Posts

That sucks. Saab Central will miss you. Enjoy the Denali tho; thats one of my dream cars

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's nothing special, just a '13 Terrain Denali, you're probably thinking Sierra or Acadia, but nope, I'm not a truck guy (seeing as I have a pristine '76 Chevy C-10 Scottsdale with 99,000km on it with a 350 four-barrel in it, why would I need another truck? ahaha) and the Acadia is way too big for me. Work in the patch and you can get one!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts