SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Regarding my 2001 SAAB 95 AERO that had the blown engine and what not..

I ordered a 2003 95 AERO engine with 77k, will be using me original turbo from my SAAB. That is ofcoarse due to most SAAB engine purchases are Basic engine only? I don't know but I got it for 2g's and highway miles only in Conneticut.

Anything about this model year engine I should know about? Factory call backs, malfunction hazards etc.. Again I only had the SAAB I had for two months and gained a blown engine so I am extremely un-educated on such subjects.:confused:

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
wiSpeel said:
Regarding my 2001 SAAB 95 AERO that had the blown engine and what not..

I ordered a 2003 95 AERO engine with 77k, will be using me original turbo from my SAAB. That is ofcoarse due to most SAAB engine purchases are Basic engine only? I don't know but I got it for 2g's and highway miles only in Conneticut.

Anything about this model year engine I should know about? Factory call backs, malfunction hazards etc.. Again I only had the SAAB I had for two months and gained a blown engine so I am extremely un-educated on such subjects.:confused:
Man that seriously sucks. The 9-5 has blown up on many people, you can reduce the risk of your next engine failing:

Use the latest PCV update fix.

Use synthetic engine oil every 5,000miles.

Use a high Quality oil filter: eg: not fram. Use a Genuine Saab, BOSCH, or MANN

Take the car for longer drives now and then, lots of short trips can contribute to sludge.

Freeway miles are good, the 2003 has better PCV updates from new and are far less prone vs: say a 1999.

Hope you can get it all sorted and get back on the road again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts