SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hopped in my car today and noticed that the AC fan wasn't blowing as hard as it should. Turns out it really wasn't blowing at all! The air was cold, since the AC light was on and everything, but it just wouldn't blow no matter how high the knob was cranked. I checked all the possible fuses but they seem okay... I wonder if the blower just happened to fail. :( I'm pretty sure the rest of the system works because the slight amount of cold air coming through the vents gets warmer as I turn the heat up and I can hear the deflectors shifting in the dash when I change the knob from blowing up at the windshield to my face.

Has this happened to any of you guys before?

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
A fan unit failing on a 9-3SS is news to me, but unfortunately there is a first time for everything:roll:.
I assume its still under warranty?

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, it's just a lease so I'm sure they'll take care of it at the dealership. I'll give them a call on monday and see what they say.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Automaggot said:
I hopped in my car today and noticed that the AC fan wasn't blowing as hard as it should. Turns out it really wasn't blowing at all! The air was cold, since the AC light was on and everything, but it just wouldn't blow no matter how high the knob was cranked. I checked all the possible fuses but they seem okay... I wonder if the blower just happened to fail. :( I'm pretty sure the rest of the system works because the slight amount of cold air coming through the vents gets warmer as I turn the heat up and I can hear the deflectors shifting in the dash when I change the knob from blowing up at the windshield to my face.

Has this happened to any of you guys before?
My fan stoped working around 14k and had to be replaced

·
Registered
9,087 Posts
Mine stopped 10 years ago

And no Way to get HER replaced.:nono;
Bon weekend to everyone.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Next 10,000 miles for u shall be rough, that's when most of my problems started occuring *damn lemon law* so you might as well go to dealer and pick out ur favorite loaner and tell them to always have it primed and ready to go every 2 days. Get your name on the car.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
I had problems with mine and the whole ACC module got replaced.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts