SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well winter is around the corner and i think it would be worth my while getting snow tires on steel rims for this winter. I found a set of steel wheels on ebay for 80 dollars and snow tires for 55 dollars each, it sound pretty reasonable but i was wondering what other saab uses the same bolt pattern and tire size? i have only looked at the 9000 pages but if there is a 900 with the same patter i might be able to find a better set for a better price,

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
803 Posts
The '88(Or '87, I can never remember) through '93 and '94 convertible 900's used the same bolt patterns as the '85 through '98 9000. Any older is too small, and except for a VERY small number of early NG900's, everything else is five lug.

I personally love the look of fifteen inch steel wheels, and you should be able to find those everywhere.
A bunch of Fords, and probably a crapload of other makes use a 4X108 bolt pattern, too. If you can't find any Saab wheels, then maybe one of those other companies have a wheel you'll like.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks! i look around for a 4x108 bolt pattern, is that the only thing i need to look for when i look for steel rims?? i dont know a lot about rims and sizes, thanks for the help though!

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
there,s also your wheel offset to match, if you troll the forum you,ll find the right range that works. ( I think, but please check, you,ll get away with 25mm to about 40mm)

Basically its the distance the inner bolt up face of the wheel is offset from the centre line of the wheel, if its too big then tyre rubs on the inside arch,s. The smaller the tyre width, the bigger the range you can play with, & I suspect you,ll be looking at narrow winter tyres ( 185 to 195s versus 215 - 225,s for summer)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts