SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Snow tire size for 17x7 wheel - 205/50/17 ok for NG9-3? Or you think too squirrely on the highway?

I know the manual says 235/45/17 but would be nice to get a smaller contact patch for better traction. 205/50 and 215/50 are both comparable to 235/45 when it comes to speedo accuracy.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Consider narrower tire on a smaller rim (Michelin Crossclimate 2s are Good) for a dedicated winter wheels setup.
AND if serious about snow performance?? Undo the suspension links from the sway bars.
Sway bars and snow prowess do not go together.

·
Super Moderator
9,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Consider narrower tire on a smaller rim (Michelin Crossclimate 2s are Good) for a dedicated winter wheels setup.
AND if serious about snow performance?? Undo the suspension links from the sway bars.
Sway bars and snow prowess do not go together.
I know but I already have a dedicated 17x7 winter setup. Just need new tires.

·
Registered
792 Posts
With the Tech2 you can set any wheel circumference.

But, I use CrossClimate 2 in 225/45R17 size in the winter and they're excellent. I have climbed uncleared roads with over 15% grade with them.

They are also not too heavy. My CrossClimate 2's mounted on 10 spoke wheels are 19kg each, but the 235/45R17 RE050A's (which are terrible, by the way) I have mounted on the original "anniversary" style wheels are a shocking 22.5kg each. You can really tell the difference in acceleration and fuel economy between them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts