SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With regard to my previous post:

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50511

I finally went and picked up my new pcv hose cos my mechanic said it had jsut arrived. I got down there and persuaded him to have a quick look at my car. He poked around the pcv hoses a lil while, then took the small hose off the t junction at the valve cover and checked it had vacuum, it had. He then took off the t junction from the valve cover, leavign both the big hose and small hose attached.....no suction, hmm he thought, he took the hoses off and removed the t junction totally, it turned out that the stem that the small hose went onto on the t junction had become blocked with crud. He wobbled a paperclip around in it a lil while till he could see light......and voila, instantly fixed. It appears that because it was blocked, the crank case had no ventilation at all and was leaking out oil from anywhere it could, and causing lots of blue smoke in the process. Now all i have to do is run my car down the interstate at about 70 to clear it all out. He said it would smoke for a lil while until it cleared, but he fixed it for free.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Great news...........this PCV system is a nightmare huh :evil:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts