SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's one for you chaps. Got a brand new mitsubishi turbo plus it's been serviced fairly recently. When my mate was following me in his car the other day he said when I accelerated hard a small amount of smoke came out of the exhaust. What do you reckon? Is this normal/serious?

Cheers

Woodman

·
Registered
334 Posts
We're gonna need the color of the smoke to verify if theres a problem. At WOT there is sometimes smoke of like a greyish color which could be a slightly rich condition, a black puff can also be from a really rich condition (sometimes happens when lifting off the throttle). Blue (oil) and white (coolant) smoke is not good, if the smoke is blueish think it could be from the PCV situation?

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Recently Finn drove my car and I was behind in Kermit's..........

Anyway when he planted his foot mine smoke a wee bit too, and I believe mine to be working well and in good order, so maybe it happens and we just dont notice :confused:

X

·
0 Posts
Its normal when you stick your foot down, just clearing out the rubbish :cheesy:

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
Chris 9-5 said:
Recently Finn drove my car and I was behind in Kermit's..........

Anyway when he planted his foot mine smoke a wee bit too, and I believe mine to be working well and in good order, so maybe it happens and we just dont notice :confused:
Surprised you noticed that Chris, i know you was too concerned about Finn stuffing your car with his loony driving stylee. :eek: :cheesy:

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
I've also noticed a little smoke out of other cars when they peg it, european cars more than anything else.

X

·
0 Posts
Woodman, a really good tip for your turbo and engine is to ensure you let the oil get up to temperature before you boot it. Its so tempting to pull away from the ranch first thing in the morning and stick your foot down :confused: However hot oil is good for turbo, cold oil bad ;)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Finn said:
Woodman, a really good tip for your turbo and engine is to ensure you let the oil get up to temperature before you boot it. Its so tempting to pull away from the ranch first thing in the morning and stick your foot down :confused: However hot oil is good for turbo, cold oil bad ;)
good tip finn i have a bad habit of sleeping in.and as you all know when you sleep in you put the foot down.:cheesy:

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good tip Finn. As they say most engine wear occurs within the first 2 minutes of start up. Fully synthetic oil must help though.

I always give her a bit of foreplay before I punish her (the car that is) :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts