SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday i drove for about 20 minutes and when i got home and turned the car off it smelled like something was burning, from inside the car. I opened the hood to look and there was white smoke coming from where the turbo sits. The car runs well and no blue smoke from the exhaust, im scared to drive it, i dont want my car to go up in flames. As far as i know there is no major oil leak anywhere, and the car runs at operating temperature. Im not sure what to do, someone told me it could be as easy as changing the seals on the turbo but there is no leak there to be found. Any help is appreciated! Car: 9-3ss 03 gone 130k miles

·
Super Moderator
20,246 Posts
Is coolant dripping from reservoir onto exhaust?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Oil typically burns with a grey/blue color. If your smoke is white then it’s likely one of the other fluids. That’s very good news! Coolant is the one most commonly associated with white smoke but I’m certain it could be others. Make sure your coolant is full and maybe let it run at idle in your driveway. Id have an extinguisher handy too. With the hood up. Hopefully you can find the leak.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts