SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
y in the junk drawer????? u should try to get it right.. i spent months originally getting it on there and i put down 222whp... on a 9-3SE close to stock with an smbc...

·
Registered
334 Posts
Hey ricot, seen your cardomain and would love to see your car sometime. But anyway, a SMBC does what exactly? The explaination on MPperformance confuses me. I know a MBC allows you to up the boost even to unsafe limits, but how does this really work. It says it won't change peak boost, so will I boost the same PSI I have been this whole time or will it really up the boost till possibly a fuel cut (assuming so as you actually have gained power).

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
ricot83 said:
y in the junk drawer????? u should try to get it right.. i spent months originally getting it on there and i put down 222whp... on a 9-3SE close to stock with an smbc...
:nono; Just my opinion of course....

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
on my car for whatever reason, it raised peak boost, only by a few psi, but enough to give that extra kick. it also takes out the 1st and 2nd gear boost limits. so in return u get faster spool up as well.

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
I see little point, I have full boost in 2nd gear and anymore in first would cook my tires.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Finn said:
Abbotts strongly recommend NOT using theses on the 9-5 :confused:
Sentiments shared by Nordic, Maptun, SQR, BSR, Hirsch...did I miss any? Even if I don't 100% understand the ramifications, that is enough for me.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
ricot83 said:
it also takes out the 1st and 2nd gear boost limits. so in return u get faster spool up as well.
And a greatly reduced gearbox/drive shaft life as well....which is why the limits are there in the first place;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts