SaabCentral Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
The new 5 is one sexy phone. Great camera and you will not believe how light she feels in your hand. Almost to the point of being a CON and not a PRO. lol Feels very fragile (but it isn't). I love the weight but my friend that has one wishes it were heavier.
"I know we asked for a phone that was lighter and thinner but this is ridiculous. It feels like your holding three pieces of paper stapled together, not a smart phone." :lol:

SNL: Tech Talk, iPhone 5

·
Registered
10,348 Posts
Not even exaggerating: buddy hands me his iPhone5...

"I just don't like how light it is"
Me: "Really? OMG I love that about it..."
Him: "I just feel like I am going to drop it, no heft, no substance..."
and right then, no BS, I DROPPED IT! OMG. I thought I would be buying my buddy a new phone. But it was fine. Whew! :D

·
Super Moderator
31,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Found a few Xperia Ray for sale. Got all the specs I need. This could be it:

Now it's between the Xperia Ray and the HTC One V:

....... both with screens under 4" which I prefer for overall size.

Wasn't able to hook up with either seller today, hopefully it'll work out tomorrow or next couple of days.

·
Super Moderator
31,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
:roll: Ken? Please keep it family friendly ok.....
So you really don't want to hear about what I'll be doing with an ice cream sandwich ? :cheesy:

·
Super Moderator
31,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
Now it's between the Xperia Ray and the HTC One V

....... both with screens under 4" which I prefer for overall size.

Wasn't able to hook up with either seller today, hopefully it'll work out tomorrow or next couple of days.
Ended up with a 3-month old Xperia Ray, in brand-new condition. Overall exterior size is almost identical to my current Vivaz Pro, but the screen is 0.3" bigger. Yeah it's not a huge screen but the display is incredibly sharp (~297 ppi pixel density, using Sony's BRAVIA engine). It's running ICS 4.0.4 on it. So far I like it, but it's still locked to another network so I have to go get it unlocked tomorrow so I can actually use it as a phone. Paid Cdn$120 for it.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I've got a Samsung Galaxy S3, and I've spent entirely too much time getting rid of all Samsung's Touchwiz stuff making it essentially the same as my wife's Nexus.
Likewise!

Just upgraded to a 4600mAh battery too - makes such a difference. Not only does it last more than twice as long, but the bigger case makes it much easier to hold.

·
Super Moderator
31,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
I was showing a friend how the Xperia Ray's screen is 25% smaller than his SS Galaxy S2 yet the X-Ray's pixel density is actually 50% better :cool:

Looking back at all my SE phones in the past 10 years it's quite amusing:

Z200

Z710

W380

P990

P1i

Vivaz Pro

·
Super Moderator
31,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #32

·
Super Moderator
19,050 Posts
Who joins a car forum to make their first post about a phone? Oh that's right spammers. and...poof

·
Super Moderator
19,050 Posts
Ima leave this open. Lures these fools in for the IP ban. :ROFLMAO:

21 - 36 of 36 Posts