SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a few small holes in my exhaust. One is in the mid section flex pipe, and a couple in the muffler. While the noise is minimal, I am concerned whether I am losing power and possibly gas mileage?? Or am I just imagining things??

·
Super Moderator
3,057 Posts
Ehh, You might a lose a little bit of each, but nothing too serious. If the muffler is pretty much intact, and the noise is not bothering you (or you can smell gas in the cabin) I wouldn't worry about it. Just keep in mnd that those holes will turn into bigger holes over time. Anyone have a suggestion about somehow filling the holes?

·
Registered
713 Posts
you can pick up some exhaust repair at your local autoparts store, its basicly a wrap that you wrap around the hole, and when it gets hot from running it turns hard. never used it but i have looked at it when i had an exhaust leak.
Tyler

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think I'll just bite the bullet when the holes become larger. I don't think I'd be able to patch holes on the flex pipe.

·
Registered
713 Posts
ohh lol no i had a hole in my flex also, tried cutting it out and putting in an aftermarket but it didnt work to easy... ended up getting a whole new dp.

·
Registered
803 Posts
t_buck09 said:
ohh lol no i had a hole in my flex also, tried cutting it out and putting in an aftermarket but it didnt work to easy... ended up getting a whole new dp.
I did the same thing. When I had the holes in the flex I noticed a drop in engine torque. Our cars need some back pressure in order to produce the torque values we all love and enjoy. :cheesy:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts