SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just out of curiosity would a small block crate engine and a different tranny fit in the engine bay of a 900? Haha that would be a heck of a 900.

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
yes yes yes....

theres a c900 with a supercharged 5.0 mustang engine and drivetrain floating around the intranetz

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Matthew said:
The Saabstang - isn't that actually a Mustang chassis with a 900 shell on top?

It very well could be... there isn't much info about it on their website. :roll:

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
There's one floating around here that was built by a guy in Abbottstown - tube chassis - 5.0 RWD - full cage with a 900 body grafted onto it - good lookin' ride - but it is to Saab as "Bigfoot" is to an F250 - it might look one but that's about as far as it goes.;)

·
Registered
948 Posts
Go for a Duramax!:cheesy:
ewww...j/k I would prefer a cat 3406E Now thats a hell of a turbo 4.

I once saw a 1946 merc with one :eek: . Probobly weighed 4 tons.

Personally the swap I would like to see is only the transmission and drivetrain. I know there are a bunch of us toying with mid engine layout but I would rather keep the stock b202 up front, rotated 180°, and mated to a durable 5 or 6 speed into an independant rear suspension setup.

But then there is the other half of me that says its just fine the way it is.:cool:

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
well.... the original question was just if a different engine would fit up front...

as for the rest of the car, game on.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
DanF. said:
well.... the original question was just if a different engine would fit up front...
the sparkle wrench and sawzall are your friend ....:cheesy:

A ford "Y" block (like a 289 or a 302) might be easier than a chevy SB - it's narrower across the heads - not a LOT narrower but it might be enough to make the swap possible. Back in the 60's GM made a small alloy V8 (260 cubic inches sticks in my mind)- I seem to recall that the design was sold to Rover or some other UK company - I think they wandered into some MGB-GT's. If they'll fit into an MGB there should be plenty of room in a 900 engine bay for 'em. Being alloy, they're lighter as well.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
DanF. said:
Disclaimer added.
hey hey - I never said that ("Being British, they're gonna break more as well") - although while doing a valve job years ago on my Triumph I did start to wonder if the head bolts were designed to snap while taking them off ...:roll:

·
Registered
100 Posts
the ogre, supercharged mustang c900, has a frame built into the body, i cant recall exactly, but i kno it has been around for a long time, i seen a old nines mag from 96? with an article on boes monster... and i have personnally seen it light 1st 2nd, and 3rd, prolly owuld have done more, but paul was heading towards the end of the parking lot and had to lock the brakes up...

on a side note does anyone know how to make saabcentral stopp emailing me w/e there is a response to a thread i posted in, its annoying PITA.
JP

·
Saab Mad
14,069 Posts
Green9kAERO said:
on a side note does anyone know how to make saabcentral stopp emailing me w/e there is a response to a thread i posted in, its annoying PITA.
You have an email subscription to threads.

You can set an option in your user profile to subscribe by default to threads you post in. You can also manually set subscriptions to threads, even if you've not posted in them.

You need change your user profile to "Do not subscribe" when you reply to a post. From the "Quick links" drop-down menu towards the top of the screen choose "Subscribed threads" - that allows you to cancel email subscriptions for any threads you're watching.

If you want to keep an eye on threads, you can do so without email notifications.

·
Registered
943 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts