SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a weird thing happen to my 9-3 today. I had been commuting home in ~100 degree weather today and pulled into my parking space. I had been sitting a bit with the A/C running for about 5 minutes while taking a phone call. I got out of the car to grab my mail and came back to start it to move to a different space. I turned up the A/C when I got back in the car and that's when I noticed the issue. There was a small amount of smoke coming from under the hood and there was a good amount of water under the right tire. I thought the water was just from the A/C duct, but the smoke looked like it had been coming from the left side, by both the firewall and down front by the intercooler piping underneath the pulleys... most likely just escaping any way it could from one location.

I freaked out thinking I had blown a head gasket and immediately shut the car off. I started it a few minutes after, and there was absolutely no smoke. I took it out for another 10 minutes, ran her hard to see if I could get anything to overheat, but I couldn't recreate it.

Is this something to worry about, or could something maybe have gotten on a hot pipe and just burned? I'm thinking maybe like a piece of road debris or rubber. My coolant looks fine and my water temperature gauge never budged. Could this be a fluke or something more concerning like an A/C or water pump issue?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts