SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well got the turbo replaced but while my dad was following me home he noticed something.

when i turn on the fog lights, the rear trunk (boot for you foreigners) red lights come on, however only the left one does, and he says it makes it hard to see the brake lights, however that is the ONLY time those lights come on. when/what/wtf mate are those lights actually supposed to turn on and what not.

also, i believe that the lights on my car are on all the time, dash lights etc. i can flip the dial on the dash from off to on in broad daylight and everything stays on i know the dash lights are supposed to turn off atleast. now what can i look into to figure out why that is happening? i know that when we purchased the car, the lights werent working so we had the seller have that fixed, but now they are on all the time.

thanks

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
Hey fella don't panic, all is normal. The only lights in the trunk part are the one fog light (red) and the two reversing lights (white). The reason your father finds it hard to distinguish the brake lights is because you have the Day Running Lights activated, this means the front sidelights, the rear night lights and the dash lights are on all the time. Just pull out fuse no. 35 if you want to disable the DRL's.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Kermit said:
Hey fella don't panic, all is normal. The only lights in the trunk part are the one fog light (red) and the two reversing lights (white). The reason your father finds it hard to distinguish the brake lights is because you have the Day Running Lights activated, this means the front sidelights, the rear night lights and the dash lights are on all the time. Just pull out fuse no. 35 if you want to disable the DRL's.
it was dark out when he noticed this.

but yea, i know what DRL's are but on most GM vehicles the DRL's are a seperate bulb and the interior dash lights arent on.

·
Registered
87 Posts
The dash lights are always on by design. The ambient light sensor will adjust the lighting so that if it is bright out, the light is reduced (it is still on though as you can tell by looking at the radio volume control knob). There is only one rear fog light (on the left) so as not be confused as brake lights. Reading your post, everything seems normal to me. My car is a 9-5 aero MY03.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Did DRL's change from my year to the next or are my options different via TechII or something? With my DRL's activated via fuse 35 headlights were on, I mean on, no reduced brightness or anything. Same with the interior lights. Not that I care at all though as I removed the fuse.

About the fog lights, there are front and rear fogs. There are 2 separate switches for either one. A small square button next to the dimmer switch is the rear fogs, and there is a larger button for the frontsset farther in on the dash. if you open the trunk for access to the missing rear fog you can break out the "delete" cast pieces and add a second light which involves 1 bulb.

hoped that helped a little if any

1 - 6 of 6 Posts