SaabCentral Forums banner

Slave Cylinder Trouble

949 Views 2 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  Lawrence Nerd
I installed a new slave cylinder and clutch kit in a 1985 900 Turbo. Just as pressure restored to the clutch system, the o-ring seal around the piston sleeve of the slave cylinder failed. I replaced the seal and again it failed however this time it was pushed out and in between the sleeve and slave cylinder body as if it was too small. A friend in a machine shop ordered the replacement seal and was 'certain' it was the OE size. This time around I am going to order an OE slave repair kit but, I want to know if perhaps I am doing something incorrectly that is causing the seals to fail.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
987 Posts
Are you leaveing the clutch tool (ring) installed when you bleed? That can cause the problem. remove the tool before bleeding and just pul it out, do not depress the clutch to remove. Depressing the clutch can over extend the slave and blow out the O rings.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Geoff,

Thank you for the reply! This makes sense. I left the tool in because it didn't seem that it could be removed unless the release bearing was able to depress the diaphragm. I will try removing the tool before attempting to restore pressure. Thanks for your help!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.