SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Underneath the engine compartment there are various black plastic covers/skid protection covers. I cannot for the life of me figure out what they are called in by Saab in the EPC so I can look up the proper part number and see what years will fit my car (99 9-5 2.3). Does anyone know what the proper name is or what the EPC calls them? It looks like it's all in British English, which is fine unless you're a hillbilly like moi :)

·
Registered
230 Posts
I believe what your looking for is one of these:

95 98-07 Cross Member Skid Plate Under engine attached to engine cradle OES 4908059

95 99-03 Skid Plate Behind Spoiler and frame OES 5410527

·
Registered
22,211 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanksfellas. I saw the ones on the saabsite listing but isn't there one that goes behind (to the rear) of that first one (5496419), one that would cover the oil pan?

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
Josdek said:
Thanksfellas. I saw the ones on the saabsite listing but isn't there one that goes behind (to the rear) of that first one (5496419), one that would cover the oil pan?
Nope, oil pan is fully visible under the car.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The only reason I thought there should be a cover under the oil pan is that I recall an article about the oil pan modification and that someone said the protective tray would still fit underneath it with the modification, hence my conclusion that there was a tray under the pan area. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry for the late reply. Some people, including me, have modified their oil pans by cutting a hole in it maybe 3" across right where the pickup screen is located, then creating (welding/machining) a removable plate in that location. It's to provide access to the pick up screen without removing the pan. There's a fellow in the US that offers a modified oil pan as such if you don't want to do it yourself, I'd have to dig around to find his name etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts