SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I've had my '07 Combi for a few months, and while the free XM trial was nice, I hadn't bothered subscribing, what with three iPods between the missus and myself... I did see, though that you can get BBC1 on Sirius, which makes me wonder- now that XM and Sirius are one company, is it possible to get Sirius on our stock head units? I'm not really interested at all in one of those poochy separate tuners- one more accessory to deal with.

Any thoughts?

mbC

·
Registered
57 Posts
Sirius and XM are not yet one company. The merger is still awaiting approval and is not a sure thing. That said, at this point there is no proven way to use Sirius on the OEM headunit. I believe someone on this forum was going to try one of the GM aftermarket units and see if it would work, but I haven't heard if it was successful. I suspect since this is a common headunit in GM vehicles there will be an option in a year or two (probably depending on the merger).

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
There's always the AUX in. Use a portable sat receiver.

The '07 radio is some variant of the standard GM radio. It is possible that anything compatible with, say, the Saturn Aura radio will work with the 9-3. But no one here has done it (yet).

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
yeah, I know you said you did not want it.. but the sportster looks great in my opinion on the stock dash... using the air vent clips that come with it you can make it latch to the storage bin... all wires can be hidden under the plastic of the center console.. no wires... sits flush with the dash.. its cheap and works.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts