SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have one reverse light not working which is on the left side. I was wondering if anyone had a good place to start looking for problems and all the light bulbs are new any help would be really great.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Check the wires in the harness where it exits the trunk and into the trunk lid. There is a rubber harness, pull it back and look for broken wires. Very common on any lights or switches in the trunk lid

·
Registered
77 Posts
If you have a sedan, you only have one reverse light. The left one is a rear fog light. The button to turn it on is near dimmer switch.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
One reverse light?

What year car are we talking about?

All the 9-5's I have owned, model years 1999 to 2005, have had two reverse lights.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One reverse light?

What year car are we talking about?

All the 9-5's I have owned, model years 1999 to 2005, have had two reverse lights.
It is a 9-5 2008 and right side of the rear reverse light is working but the left side of the rear is not working. I'm thinking it is a bad socket.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
20006-2008 only had one reverse light. The other is the rear fog light as mentioned earlier. Turn on the headlights with the switch and engine on. Push the little fog light button just below the headlight switch. That will turn on the other red light in the trunk lid.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
20006-2008 only had one reverse light. The other is the rear fog light as mentioned earlier. Turn on the headlights with the switch and engine on. Push the little fog light button just below the headlight switch. That will turn on the other red light in the trunk lid.
It is the white light that isn't working, not the red light.

·
Registered
872 Posts
The car is in the shop right now due to a busted lip on the radiator.
As others have said, '06+ 4D 9-5s have only one reverse light. Your owner's manual is your friend. If it really bothers you, splice into the right side and run a wire to the left rear foglight (as my car's PO had done - I removed it and returned it to spec) but I think you'll lose the foglight function or possibly get an error message. But even if you do run a wire, the left light will look different than the right side: if you look closely the lens is made differently.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts