SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've got a regular single DIN head unit, which came with a bracket. With the bracket removed it fit just fine into the 2 (1-3/4?) DIN slot in the dash. But there aren't any retaining tabs or anything, it just sits there.

Next, with much effort, I removed the saab DIN bracket. The aftermarket stereo with bracket fit in fine, but again there was nothing holding it place.

The Genuine Saab kit with wires and bin is in the mail, but what else do I do now? Should I secure the radio somehow?

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
I screwed my radio's bracket into the sides of the dashboard with a pair of flat head sheet metal screws. You should be able to bend out some of the side and bottom tabs on your radio's bracket, but without anything holding the top, it will never be all that secure. That's why I screwed mine in.

·
Registered
490 Posts
My Pioneer headunit is simply secured by using two long screws to anchor through the bracket into the screw holes for the dashboard trim. And besides that its bent out all over the place and is therefore firmly "stuck" where it is. I never play CD's but you don't want that thing flopping around at all.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts