SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, since GM owns SAAB, why not really go to extremes in cross-branding? Besides the facts that GM doesn't want to dilute their own product lines, expenses in rebranding, probably not enough return-on-investment...ok, let's face it, GM won't go this far. But wouldn't it be interesting at least?

Think of the cars GM could rebrand as SAABs:

Minivans, pickups, SUVs (wait...) and gasp...the Corvette. I see the rebranded Vette as a Sonett of sorts. Just change the front and rear fascias, change wheels, some different badging, move the ignition...

It could be worse. SAAB could be owned by Hyundai.

Note: my tongue is firmly planted in my cheek on this one. I don't like the new styling, or the fact that GM is SAAB's owner any more than the rest of you. I'll keep repairing/restoring my '92 convertible, thank you.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Shhhhhhhh :nono;

They may be listening ;)

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
What amazes me is the fact that a Saab/Solstice with awd would blow away the competition at the sales room floor. GM needs to rethink their marketing/design strategy. They are very well founded in their Midwest mindset, even though as a global player they don't have that luxury. Brand loyalty is superseded by performance criteria. Whether the performance is longevity, reliability, or road worthiness, is inconsequential. The market sector that views cars as disposable ornaments, prefers to conspicuously spend as much as possible. They (GM) are on the money with their trucks until the cost of gas impacts it.

So if they are listening, try extending the trouble free life of imaginative vehicles and the new sales will make up for the slower repeats.
What's a fiero? ans: Not a new truck.:roll:

·
Registered
531 Posts
Willy Wonka said:
What amazes me is the fact that a Saab/Solstice with awd would blow away the competition at the sales room floor. GM needs to rethink their marketing/design strategy. They are very well founded in their Midwest mindset, even though as a global player they don't have that luxury. Brand loyalty is superseded by performance criteria. Whether the performance is longevity, reliability, or road worthiness, is inconsequential. The market sector that views cars as disposable ornaments, prefers to conspicuously spend as much as possible. They (GM) are on the money with their trucks until the cost of gas impacts it.

So if they are listening, try extending the trouble free life of imaginative vehicles and the new sales will make up for the slower repeats.
What's a fiero? ans: Not a new truck.:roll:
Make that Saab/Solstice a hardtop coupe, with a 2.0T, tuned from the factory the way the BSR PPC modifies it, styled as a modern Sonnet, interior and exterior styling by the Swedes, and I'll buy it.

·
Registered
739 Posts
It would be an interesting concept to put the new morano engine in the 9-3 or the new 9-5 make a car that people go wow to...Bmw has the M3 audi have the s4 and mercedes have the c class amg...Saab has the Aero:cry: Now this is a great car but most of us modify them to make them just that little bit special...but with a Morano engine out of the GM parts bin in there....Wow:cheesy:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts