SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I changed my cabin air filter this morning. All was fine except I absolutely cannot get the passenger side wiper to sit flush with the windshield (the most lateral 3 or 4 inches is elevated off the surface). I cannot figure out what the issue is--the fastener is appropriately tight, the wiper is in exactly the same position as when I removed it, the spring in the wiper arm is fine, the segments all seem to have normal motion. When I removed them a week ago to inspect the filter they went back on no problem. I feel like an idiot struggling with something so simple...

Any ideas on the problem? Thanks

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
In these cases, its best just to start over and redo.
I think the wiper arm is not properly seated to its splined shaft, an easy thing to happen.
Position the wiper with ita arm down and secure the assembly with its arm up.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After multiple more failed attempts and cursing the splines for being uncooperative, I realized the issue was a cracked plastic piece where the wiper articulates with the arm. Perhaps I didn't notice before (I'm not sure if I've even driven in rain yet), or maybe I made it worse when messing with it this morning. Either way, problem solved.

Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts