SaabCentral Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I did some digging and have a bad feeling the 06 is differnet. I'm not sure when they added side airbags etc, but I question that it may be tied to the whole system. I see the grid for weight under the seat, and it goes to a weird "tube" that is marked "polyester filled" and ties into the harness for the airbags I think, so I didn't mess with it after that. I think the best bet may be folling the system into thinking the seatbelt is always latched.... I havent' opened that up yet, but I think it may be the best option....

:cry:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Guys,

I have made the mod - not the additional resistance, but just the diode across the existing circuit. I just jammed the dioide into the 'back side' of the male connector (titter titter) and taped it all up.

Worked beautifully! Took about 4½ minutes and cost 38p in Maplin.

My question now is - will the airbag deploy (and deploy corectly) on the passenger side if the system detects a collision or have I effectively now disabled my passenger side airbag?

Appreciate any guidance ...

Barry

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wow, that sounds promising. Does the passenger airbag light show on or off on the dash when someone is sitting there? I'm not sure if that light indicates the status of the seat airbags, but would be a good sign if it doesn't say they are disabled.

Let us know and thanks for sharing.

Hi Guys,

I have made the mod - not the additional resistance, but just the diode across the existing circuit. I just jammed the dioide into the 'back side' of the male connector (titter titter) and taped it all up.

Worked beautifully! Took about 4½ minutes and cost 38p in Maplin.

My question now is - will the airbag deploy (and deploy corectly) on the passenger side if the system detects a collision or have I effectively now disabled my passenger side airbag?

Appreciate any guidance ...

Barry

·
Registered
17 Posts
My car (9-3 2004 ARC 2.2) doesn't show the airbag warning light either before or after the mod.
My concern is that someone in a previous thread mentioned that the pasenger seat sensor considers the weight of the occupant and alters the airbag deployment as neccessary - does anyone know if this is the case?

Thanks

21 - 27 of 27 Posts