SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I know you will laugh, but our 9-3 has this intake (simota carbon charger) on it and I didnt even know it until after I bought the car. Never had a saab and didnt know what I was looking at under the hood.
Now I know why I can hear the turbo. Anyway Is this intake any good? Never heard of this brand. I would really like the stock airbox back under the hood. Can I suck water in with this intake? Anyone want to trade for stock box?

thanks
east

Attachments

·
Registered
731 Posts
Welcome to Saab Central.

I used to have this intake on my car... but it starting throwing check engine lights after awhile... they say its due to the difference in the pipe diameter vs the stock piping where the MAF is located (changes the flow characteristics).

I never had any issues with water getting into it when i had it though.

I'm sure many people will chime in and say this is not the best made intake out there, even though it was one of the most expensive.

Hope this helps,

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
A heavily discussed topic here, the Carbon Charger is Simota's 1st Gen, there now up to the "Aeroform II". As stated, some users have gotten CELs and dumped them, others swear thier fine. Water was not an issue, Search Simota Aeroform for some reading up on them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts