SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just been perusing PFS and noticed this, anyone bought one and installed it? Any dyno figures?

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
The Carbon Charger is Simota's 1st Gen, followef by Aeroform and Aeroform II. The Carbon Chargers popularity was short lived due to a difficult install, lack of directions. A search on Simota Carbon Charger should produce several threads over a year old.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Andy C said:
Just been perusing PFS and noticed this, anyone bought one and installed it? Any dyno figures?
I'll sell you mine and you can get the dyno figures that way :cheesy: ... j/k

Honestly, I would look into getting a different intake if you really want to go that route.

my .02

·
Registered
9,087 Posts
Noisy Junk

Mine will also be available for sale or junk soon.

I have ordered the bottom box and inlet tube for the Aero. Larger should breathe better with same OEM filter. The OEM filter has been proven to be the best for the engine. It does what it is meant to do keep the maximum of particles out..

The Simota carbon whatsy is money spent for more noise and an endless pain as the installation is lousy and keeps moving and rattling. I have added 2 additional straps/supports but it's not for me, thank you.

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
For the desired sound , simple install and reliability look into the BSR Optiflow.

Too many people bought the Simota's cause it has that "cool" carbon fiber look. (my .02)

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Same here...ripped it out after cleaning it once and not being able to eliminate the dreaded CEL and reduced power mode. They claimed I over-oiled it, but I now know that the Simota intake required Simota cleaning products and you could only get it from PFS at 21 UK pounds. Price was too steep (+ you pay for shipping), so I ended up putting the stock tubing back in + the K&N filter for less money.

Also, instructions say you are supposed to clean it every 5,000km or so, which is ridiculous. The K&N drop-in is much better and lasts longer.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info guys, will put my cash to better use...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts