SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I'm finding a lot of mixed results when attempting to look up a diagram for the PCV system for the B204L ('99 9-3). Is it simply the two hoses that go from the nipple on the camshaft cover - one goes to a check valve and then to the throttle body via a 4 mm ID hose, and then the other goes off to the left and down to the front of the car, in to the air intake pipe/hose whatever

Is there no breather pipes that go to the back of the throttle body? And one that goes from the throttle body to the oil pan?

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
It really is as simple as you describe on the '99 9-3, and on the NG900. It's just those two hoses. There is no breather hose to the back of the throttle body, and there's no hose to the oil pan.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great thanks! Funny how the version after was the one that caused sludge problems

Does anyone know if it is okay to replace the check valve with a URO one? $2 vs $20 for OEM seems hard to justify for a tiny piece of plastic

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
I've used the Uro one, and I've never had an issue with it. I have that on both of my 9-5s, and had one on my 900 for quite a few years. The original PCV valve for T5 cars was a Pierburg valve, a long and skinny grey and white thing. It's ridiculously expensive for such a simple plastic valve. Now Pierburg makes a fancy-looking aluminum version that sells for about $10. I bought one just for the heck of it. Time will tell how long it lasts.

·
Registered
12,793 Posts
Great thanks! Funny how the version after was the one that caused sludge problems

Does anyone know if it is okay to replace the check valve with a URO one? $2 vs $20 for OEM seems hard to justify for a tiny piece of plastic
It was the recirculating the hot oil vapors through aging rubber hoses and back to the oil pan that caused the sludge, the T5 cars just dumps the oil vapors into the intake and burns them, not great for environment (hence why it was changed going forward) but great for no sludge.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts