SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,just wondered if anyone could point me in the right direction as to where I can get my hands on a set of door sill covers/protectors.Almost all other makes of car are covered but cant find any with the saab name etched onto them.
Been to my local Saab dealer and they can only get the ones which are unetched....................

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
abbot has them, but they are really expensive, so what I would do, if you really want the saab logo etched in them, is either buy the blank pair from the dealer or buy some from ebay, and take it to the mall or somewhere that they do etching for cheap. or just order a set of universal MOMO ones.

·
Registered
9,087 Posts
You could check with your spare parts man. Have him look at '03 SS Vector body trim, mine is European and has what you might be looking for. Will check tonight, am not sure if it says Saab or Vector... bit they are only on front door sills, surely similar size to your 9-3.

·
Registered
10,597 Posts
The decal idea's probably best. The plain ones from the dealer are a really thin strip of metal with a thick rubbery coating on it. Engraving wouldn't work very well.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Brushed aluminum with a black logo or even an etched logo that still blends with the same material would be what I'd want.

You really should open up and online store dukted. You have some good ideas that are always very well recieved on the boards.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
well stromer when I move to my new house (knock on wood, hope nothing falls through) in august I will have a giant garage and workshop in my basement.

plenty of room for fooling around and making stuff.

I plan on custom door sills, custom badges, custom wheel caps, possibly even modifying the stock mirrors to have blinkers run across the bottom, like the 9-7X. I know there are already mirrors available with blinkers that have the m3 stlying but these would be more subtle and also retain the abaility to fold in. I know a way I can make the blinker lenses but I would probably need some help with wiring stuff.;oops:

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Dan, put me down for one of everything!!

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
i too was going to engrave it but did not waste the time, i used a sheetmetal cutter at work, u could also use metal sheers, but ull need to sand the rough edge after.

·
Registered
10,348 Posts
Couldn't you just get the SE ones? My car has the plain black factory sills that say SAAB. You could paint them.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
What sorta badges are you looking to make?, I too have been thinking about doing custom badging but all i could really think of is rebading the car to 'aero'...also i think gunmetal colored badges would be cool.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
cpenning623 said:
What sorta badges are you looking to make?, I too have been thinking about doing custom badging but all i could really think of is rebading the car to 'aero'...also i think gunmetal colored badges would be cool.
I was referring to the round griffin emblems. I am still waiting on my resins they got delayed, there is a post on saablink about this. Also still need some cheap used badges to play with...

CleveSaab said:
Couldn't you just get the SE ones? My car has the plain black factory sills that say SAAB. You could paint them.
Are we talking about the same thing? the plastic parts that say "Saab" I have already had made in carbon fiber.

I am making sills that cover the painted area of the door entry, before the plastic... like the silver ones on viggens that say "viggen"....I think 9-5 Aero has something similar, too..... there is a saab accessory but I don't like the black lines on them....but mine will be custom and probably say "turbo"....

·
Registered
10,348 Posts
ricot83 said:
Cleve we are talkin about sill plates that go where the door closes... to cover the bare part not what u r talkin bout
*confusion*
On the floor, right? The door closed and you can't see it? You could stand on it with the door open?
Not real sure where else you could put something?!?!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts