SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all.

i have a queries with my 9k. i would appreciate any ideas..

1. when lighty revving from idle, i can hear swirling or bubbling of a liquid from inside the car... seems to be from drivers side...

2. a couple of weeks back, my horn stopped working and could not work out why... checked basics.... now its started working again but now the cruise control doesnt work.... looks like i got gremlins!!

3. i get a slight knocking noise when moving of the mark and when changing gears. replaced my torque arm bushes but to no happiness.

last but not least...

4. when revving the engine or putting my foot down.. i get a strong fuel smell from engine bay.... this is comfirmed when i get 180miles on a full tank lol!

thanks for your time guys.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Carlsson GT said:
hello all.

i have a queries with my 9k. i would appreciate any ideas..

1. when lighty revving from idle, i can hear swirling or bubbling of a liquid from inside the car... seems to be from drivers side...

2. a couple of weeks back, my horn stopped working and could not work out why... checked basics.... now its started working again but now the cruise control doesnt work.... looks like i got gremlins!!

3. i get a slight knocking noise when moving of the mark and when changing gears. replaced my torque arm bushes but to no happiness.

last but not least...

4. when revving the engine or putting my foot down.. i get a strong fuel smell from engine bay.... this is comfirmed when i get 180miles on a full tank lol!

thanks for your time guys.
1 If its coming from the dash, check the water drain for the AC system. If the sound is up high, check for a plugged sunroof drain and do it quick, when it overflows, it will ruin your headliner in a flash.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Allright, I am curious about it, where is a sunroof drain? THe problem is that lately when it rains heavely, I get water somewhere in the roof, and when I move the car, it gets inside. And I cna hear it moving around in the "roof"...
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Awesome, thanks a lot:))

klim

·
Registered
292 Posts
mulik51 said:
Allright, I am curious about it, where is a sunroof drain? THe problem is that lately when it rains heavely, I get water somewhere in the roof, and when I move the car, it gets inside. And I cna hear it moving around in the "roof"...
Thanks.
One of my (not only me, but many Saab owners) pet peaves about Saab engineering is that Saab put rubber covers at the ends of the sunroof drains. The drains will then clog very easily, and you get what happened to you.

My advice, take the rubber ends off the sunroof drains.

I would also advise that you remove the rubber strip along on the bottom of the doors (not the weatherstripping on the door frame, but the actual doors). The doors have drain holes and the weatherstripping blocks the drains, rpomoting rust from the inside. One day, after a strong rain, I must have drained a half gallon or more of water from one of the rear doors.

I have since removed the door weatherstripping and the problem has gone away, with no added wind noise.

·
Registered
658 Posts
1-check all drain points (stop by a local repair shop and ask them to take a blow gun to push out debris-sunroof open) also check coolant level an air pocket in the system could give you a noise (heater core)....2-the clockspring is bad (you will need a special steering wheel puller but alot of part stores have loaner tools) don't forget to disconnect the batt (airbag)....3-take a look at the shifter coupler (under car near trans) bushing may be worn....4-check your vacuum lines will cause the car to run rich also pull the vacuum line from the fuel pressure regulator (after running for a minute) if you see fuel (dampness) reg. is bad.......good luck on your repairs

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
My advice, take the rubber ends off the sunroof drains.
If you read the link, my advice is the opposite for the reasons stated, however some cars lose them especially those on the back and have no problems. Saab put them there for a reason and i reckon its what I posted..;)

·
Registered
292 Posts
Marrk said:
If you read the link, my advice is the opposite for the reasons stated, however some cars lose them especially those on the back and have no problems. Saab put them there for a reason and i reckon its what I posted..;)
Interesting link. Did the leaking problem only happen when you drive in the rain with the sunroof tilted?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts