SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully a simple solution to my problem.

97 900SE convertible with a power antenna that will not go up when radio is turned on. I have the AS2 radio head with cassette and extra door mounted subs.

The antenna itself works fine (goes up with 12V applied directly to the green wire on antenna assembly and goes down when 12V removed), and it operates with 12V applied and removed to the black/white wire on the back of the radio connector.

What is not happening is the radio making the black/white wire go to 12V when turned on.

Is there something I can easily check or reset on the radio for this signal or do I need to simply wire a separate switch. Right now I have a jumper between the ACC and power antenna terminals on the radio connector.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
If you need to wire a swtich I would say that this isn't that bad of an alternative. I've found that many stations in my area come in just fine with the antena down. This would save your motor and reduce potential damage to the mast.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have a question regarding antenna wires. I replaced my broken power antenna with a s2000 type one that is amplified. I'd like to hook up a power wire to the new antenna so thatthe amplifier will work. What wire should I use to supply the power without draining the battery? I have 2 wires (1 black/white 1 blue/red) that are taped off and not connected to anything (I'm assuming those went to the old antenna, which had the motor and power wires already disconnected when I bought my car). I've done searches but couldn't find a exact answer and I know there are a few others that are curious about this also.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Ever tried to use a voltage meter to find out ?

Would be the easiest way. Measure with the ignition turned on and off at a time.

To find out, which one is ground, measure the resistance against the chassis.
For the ground it should be near 0.

Then measure the voltage on the other one.
Should do the trick.......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts