SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last summer my compressor on my 1990 9000 CD turbo siezed. The belt that drives the compressor would burn up when the acc tried to engage the compressor clutch. I had my mechanic friend check it out and he told me it was siezed as well. He also checked and found it still had a full charge or r22 in it. I want to get my ac working again as cheap as possible. There are lots of used compressors on ebay for cheap. Should I just have my mechanic extract the refigerant and install the compressor myself? The ac worked flawless for years before the compressor siezed. Any suggestions to get it working as cheap as possible? Thanks

·
Registered
5,774 Posts
Eeuroparts.com has rebuilt ones for $289.90 before a $75.00 core charge. IMHO it beats getting some dodgy one off of eBay and they are located in Danielson CT so you'll most likely have it next day.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Im going to buy a compressor from eeuroparts.com. Its listed for 299.50 as a rebuilt but it doesnt show a core charge. Which compressor are you refering to? Also anybody know anything about converting from r-12 ro r-134a? The r-12 still in my car is worth alot of money. I guess its really hard and extremely expensive to get around here. I think the 2lbs in there are worth over 100 bucks. So i would like to convert it over.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts