SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Replaced window regulator rollers on the front passenger side now the back one keeps popping out as if it were getting jammed up.I took the window out of the door to get a better look but do not see anything that could be causing this.I even went so far as to take both seals out,clean them then place them back in.Arms do not look bent and tracks n door r clean.I also cleaned those out and put a little lithium grease on them.Had this door apart like 8-10 times now.I'm a friggin pro at this point but lost..

·
Registered
867 Posts
From my experience it is the rollers. Unless you did so already try and watch the window go up/down with the door panel and plastic cover removed.

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
My son has the same problem with his 02 95. The rollers have been replaced and still the window wants to jump over the rubber seal and now, he is on his second seal and now that is ripped as well. Getting a bit old this problem is!

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
The rubber seals tend to be what binds up and causes the windows to "pop" off track. they also tend to come out of the channels and often just plac ing them back in will result in the same issue over and over again. Try re-gluing the rubber back into the channels and apply a bit of grease to the inside as to allow the window to slide inside it freely.

as for the window rollers, make sure when you install them you push them into the clip until you hear two clicks. first click just sets them into the roller but the second one fully seats them so they do not pop back off

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
The rubber seals tend to be what binds up and causes the windows to "pop" off track. they also tend to come out of the channels and often just plac ing them back in will result in the same issue over and over again. Try re-gluing the rubber back into the channels and apply a bit of grease to the inside as to allow the window to slide inside it freely.

as for the window rollers, make sure when you install them you push them into the clip until you hear two clicks. first click just sets them into the roller but the second one fully seats them so they do not pop back off
I have heard of silicone lube before but not grease for the window to slide in the rubber. This is not a good idea to use grease in the rubber channel.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
I have heard of silicone lube before but not grease for the window to slide in the rubber. This is not a good idea to use grease in the rubber channel.
yeah its silicone lube, to me its all the same so sorry for the confusion. couldnt remember what it was called

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
yeah its silicone lube, to me its all the same so sorry for the confusion. couldnt remember what it was called
No Problem!:D
One thing you said, is that the rubber seals were glued in, I was not aware of this. I went to the wrecking yard once and got another seal, the thing just slipped out of the channel.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Sli-Glide is a brand of Silicone GREEASE sold at NAPA stores in the states. Works much better than the spray on weather striping and window tracks.

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
I will have to check that out, I didn't know of this product. Does it stay like a greece or does it disappear like the spray?
I would have thought of a greece product in the tracks would collect dust and other junk.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
No Problem!:D
One thing you said, is that the rubber seals were glued in, I was not aware of this. I went to the wrecking yard once and got another seal, the thing just slipped out of the channel.
the glue breaks down over time which is why its so easy to pull it out.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Where is it glued, just on the ends or throughout the length of the rubber seal?
if I remember right its down the whole length. when i replaced my rollers i peeled the remaining glue off and it was down the whole length of it

·
Registered
267 Posts
Sli-Glide is a brand of Silicone GREEASE sold at NAPA stores in the states. Works much better than the spray on weather striping and window tracks.
This is what I used when I replaced the rollers on mine. The silicone will stay and has a wide temperature band it works in. I noticed the difference right away after I used it!

·
Registered
739 Posts
Its a greese, and I do not go muddingwith my SAAB.

I will have to check that out, I didn't know of this product. Does it stay like a greece or does it disappear like the spray?
I would have thought of a greece product in the tracks would collect dust and other junk.
It is a greese and stays like one NAPA here in states sells it, but it is $$ for a mid size tube. Never had issues with accumulating dirt?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts