SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an '84 900 turbo. A bunch of stuff has been replaced (including the turbo) so it runs very well. It has a few annoying problems though and I wonder if anyone can help? First off, and the most annoying, is that the two side-view mirrors shake quite a bit when i hit speeds of 40+ mph. I've tried getting inside of them to tighten a screw or something but can't find anything:x. Also, I need to replace the black pieces of trim that line the fiberglass around the wheels and probably the rubber pieces around the windows (all are cracked and worn).

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
trim

thanks for the tip, does anyone know where i can get the trim pieces that i mentioned earlier? I've looked at a few junker cars and they all have crappy trim pieces anyway.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Perhaps the parts you're looking for are in the sections at the bottom of the page here. Thesaabsite and eeuroparts are good places for parts.

Welcome and good luck!

·
Registered
5,464 Posts
They should be spring loaded, supposed to keep them from breaking if you hit something with them. After they've sustained to many whaps against things they become kind of loose and unsprung though. This might be your problem. I think they is a way to tighten this up but I'm not sure what it is. You probably just have to go inside there and fiddle around. :D I think you release the glass through a slot or hole on the bottom.

Sorry I can't be more specific, its been a while since I've done it and my brain has limited storage, vary limited. :cheesy:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts